- HubRise User Guide
Locations are the different points of sales for an Account. Each Location identifies a physical outlet. Accounts might be associated with one or multiple Locations. You can switch from one Location to another using the Location dropdown at the very top of the HubRise back office.
The SETTINGS page displays information about your Location and allows you to make configuration changes. You can also make changes to the Account by selecting All locations from the Location dropdown.
Locations are displayed with:
- The Location name.
- The unique identifier for the Account they are associated with.
- The number indicating in what order the Location was added (starting at zero).
Baker Street z6q31-0 indicates the Location name of
Baker Street, that it belongs to Account
-0 signifies it was the first Location added to this Account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To check our recommended naming convention for Locations, see Add a Location.
To view Location details:
- Go to SETTINGS.
- If you have access to multiple Accounts, select the Account of the Location.
- From the Location dropdown, click on the Location's name.
Locations are managed in the same way as Accounts, but the information is specific to the selected Location.
If you operate in a country where including the Intra-Community VAT number is a legal requirement, HubRise will display a notification to update the VAT number if this information is missing from your Account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Depending on your business, the Location may have a different VAT number than the Account. Verify that all VAT numbers are correctly configured on all Accounts and Locations you manage.
The first Location must be created with the Account. For more information, see Create an Account.
To add a new Location to an existing Account:
- Click SETTINGS.
- If you have access to multiple Accounts, select the Account you need to add a Location to.
- In the Account section, click Add a location.
- Enter the required information.
- Click Create to save the new Location.
It is recommended to name the Location after the city, the area or street it is located at. For example, if you only have one location in London, the Location name could be
London. If you have multiple locations in London, you could name them after their street address, for example
Dublin Street, and
To update the name and address for a Location, follow these steps:
- Click SETTINGS.
- If you have access to multiple Accounts, select the Account that the Location will be added to.
- Select the Location to update.
- In the Location section, click Modify.
- Update the values as needed.
- If this Location has a VAT number separate from the Account, enter it here in the Intra-Community VAT number field provided.
- If the billing address is different than the Location's address, check The billing address is different from the location address and fill out the form.
- Click Update to save the changes.