Map Ref Codes
Most EPOS solutions require a ref code for each product to correctly parse orders. Therefore, when you create your menu on Uber Eats, you need to make sure that each product is assigned to the correct ref code.
To assign ref codes to your Uber Eats products, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Uber Eats back office.
- If you have a single Uber Eats store, select Menu from the menu on the left. If you have multiple Uber Eats stores, select the correct one from the dropdown menu, then select Menu.
- Select Items from the top menu.
- Click on the product or option you wish to modify from the list of items, then scroll down the page.
- Click the Extra Details section to expand.
- Enter the ref code in the External Data field.
- Click Save to go back to the items list.
You will need to repeat this manual procedure for all your available items.
Note that items in the Modifier Groups tab also have the External Data field, but you generally do not need to enter any value as this is not sent to the EPOS.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Product-level comments are automatically disabled on your Uber Eats store when you connect to HubRise.
Even though HubRise supports product-level comments, most EPOS systems and integrations do not. To avoid poor customer experience resulting from product-level comments not being sent to the EPOS, these are automatically disabled when you first connect your Uber Eats store to HubRise.
If you rely on these comments for cooking or serving instructions (for example, "Medium rare cooking", or "Cut in slices"), you should add the corresponding items in your EPOS and include them as options in the Uber Eats menu, so that they are correctly encoded.
However, if your EPOS integration supports product-level comments, or if you have an alternative way to read them, for example from your Uber Eats tablet, you can always request Uber Eats support to re-enable product-level comments on your store.
Feedback on this page